If you lost a loved one due to someone else’s negligence, you may be eligible to pursue a wrongful death lawsuit. The wrongful death attorneys at our Boise, ID, law firm will work tirelessly to obtain justice and financial compensation. We understand that money will not heal your situation or bring your loved one back. However, it can pay for related costs, and give you greater peace of mind, allowing you to focus on your emotional recovery. At Mauk, Miller, Hawkins PLLC, we will handle all of the details of your case. We will conduct a complete investigation, interview witnesses or experts, and determine liability. We will fight diligently on your behalf. Throughout this time, we will treat you with compassion and sensitivity, knowing the difficult time that you are going through. To schedule your free, personal consultation, contact us today.
Wrongful Death Causes
Wrongful death refers to any fatality that occurs because of another party’s recklessness, negligence, or avoidable error. Causes of wrongful death can include:
- Motor vehicle accidents, including car accidents and motorcycle accidents, are among the most common wrongful death claims. Our attorneys will talk to eyewitnesses and police officers, examine photos of the scene, and view medical records to establish liability and build a strong case.
- Workplace accidents, such as those that occur in factories, construction sites, chemical plants, and mines face significant dangers on the job. Our attorneys are highly familiar with all OSHA regulations.
- Product liability can lead to wrongful death. Defective products and those without sufficient instructions can cause fatal injuries. Product liability cases can be complicated since many different parties may share responsibility, making it very important to work with an experienced lawyer.
- Medical malpractice cases can be difficult to prove since courts often assume the innocence of the doctor. However, with the right attorney on your side, you will have a good chance of winning your lawsuit.
Damages in Wrongful Death Cases
When you pursue a wrongful death lawsuit, we can help you recover several types of damages. Compensatory damages will make up the majority of your reward. This money can help to cover medical costs and funeral bills, as well as lost wages and financial support. Often, courts will estimate the number of lost wages, based on a victim’s projected lifespan. In some cases, juries may also award damages for pain and suffering or loss of companionship. The court may also impose punitive damages on the party responsible for your loved one’s death.
A Wrongful Death Lawsuit
Idaho has a two year statute of limitations. This means that you must sue within two years of your loved one’s death for the claim to hold up in court. In some cases, you may not be aware of wrongdoing for some time after the death. If this situation, you can sue up to two years after the date of discovery. To ensure the most successful outcome, you should contact a lawyer as soon as possible. In Idaho, the following parties can pursue a wrongful death case:
- Spouses, children, and other direct dependents
- Heirs of the estate
- Personal representative of the estate
To wage a case, you must be able to prove that your loved one died because of someone else’s fault. Our attorneys are experts with wrongful death suits. We will review all the details of your case to find the most compelling pieces of evidence. We will evaluate all medical bills, insurance claims, and wages, and speak to an economic expert, if necessary.
"Our law firm will work tirelessly and fight diligently on your behalf. We will treat you with compassion and sensitivity, fully understanding the difficult time that you are going through."
Through this detail-oriented approach, we will determine the full amount of compensation to which you are entitled, and will fight tirelessly on your behalf. We will always try to settle through negotiation first, but are ready to go to court if that is what it takes to get the justice you deserve.
Schedule Your Consultation
If you lost a loved one due to someone else’s negligence, our law firm will work tirelessly and fight diligently on your behalf. We will treat you with compassion and sensitivity, fully understanding the difficult time that you are going through. To schedule your free, personal consultation, contact Mauk, Miller, Hawkins PLLC, today.
Related to This